Here is an excellent light and healthy tilapia recipe I came up with for seafood lovers! This crunchy almond and garlic buttery cracker top with soft flakey lemon tilapia filets is simply irresistible and very simple to make. Enjoy! 🙂
- 8 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 2 eggs (or egg whites)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ground almonds
- ½ cup crushed buttery crackers
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour for dusting the filets and pan
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 springs parsley
- 8 lemon wedges
- 1 garlic clove mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 9×13 inch pan
- Beat the eggs with mashed garlic clove, lemon pepper, and garlic pepper until blended and set aside. Stir together the ground almonds with 1 cup Parmesan cheese and crushed buttery crackers in a shallow dish until combined, and set aside. Dust the tilapia filets with flour and shake off excess. Dip the tilapia in egg then press into the almond, cracker mix. Transfer the filet to pan with cracker mix on surface.
- Continue with all filets and sprinkle remainder of almond, crackers on top of the filets.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish filets with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.